Custom driveways are a great way to make a statement and enhance your property's curb appeal. If you need a little help sparking inspiration for your new driveway installation project, we have several fashionable styles and materials for you to consider.
First off, it's important that whatever company you go with uses high-quality materials, such as brick, natural stone, or concrete pavers to complete their projects. These are highly durable and will keep your driveway from deteriorating over the years. Some trendy styles you can integrate into your project include aprons, bands, borders, and patterns. Each of these options has the potential to make a grand entrance, it's all in deciding which combination is right for your home.
Decide which material you will use on your custom driveway.
Aside from your budget, there are some other important aspects to think about when deciding the details for your custom project. For starters, you have to choose what you would like your driveway to be made out of. Driveways are made from 3 common materials, each of which will bring your property entrance to a whole new level. The 3 materials to choose from are:
- Natural Stone
- Concrete Pavers
Make your driveway stand out with an apron, decorative borders, patterns, and more.
Developing a motif for your new driveway is an exciting endeavor. Any of the below options are sure to forge a memorable pathway up to your home and leave a lasting impression on your guests.
- Aprons- Driveway aprons are usually installed on the lower portion of a driveway. Their function is to provide a nice and easy transition from the road to your home. Aprons are an effective way to accent your driveway.
- Bands- Decorative bands are created by adding strips into the asphalt of your driveway. These strips usually mimic the pattern of your vehicle's tires. Bands can run parallel or even overlap in sections throughout your driveway. Bands offer a great way to add a geometric aesthetic to your property.
- Decorative Borders- Borders are commonly referred to as edging, and they offer an alternative way to customize a driveway. They are made to be added to an existing driveway, so very little construction is required. Borders will protect the edges of your asphalt from wearing down while also adding style to your property. They are a charming feature that will give your driveway a more finished look overall.
- Decorative Patterns- Choosing to integrate a pattern such as herringbone, basketweave, or five stone into your custom driveway will add dimension to your property. Patterns are extremely customizable, so just about any embellishment that you desire can be created. Pavers are typically used to create these unique designs.
- Adding Color- A burst of color can make your driveway stand out from the crowd. These days, pavers come in many colors, so one way to add an accent color to your driveway is simply to select colorful pavers. Another way is to have your driveway professionally stained with a high-quality concrete stainer.
A premium driveway will provide a return on investment (ROI) for your home and increase your property value.
Looking for high-quality custom builders for your new driveway? Call us today to set up a consultation.
If you are looking for high-quality custom builders to install your new driveway, we can help! At Rose Landscape Services, we design and install custom driveways for residential and commercial properties in Grand Rapids, Ada, Cascade, and nearby areas in Michigan. If you still need help deciding on the details, no worries. Call us today at (616) 293-0361 to discuss your ideas and we'll get you set up with a consultation.
Thanks for your comment!
Thanks for your feedback! Your comments have been successfully submitted! Please note, all comments require admin approval prior to display.
Error submitting comment!
There is a problem with your comment, please see below and try again.